Thursday, August 28, 2008

Random Summer Stuff

Here is a catch-all entry if I've ever done one!  Here is just a bunch of fun summer pictures and stuff going on in our lives that I thought would be fun to share.  Hope you enjoy.  

Also, THANK YOU so much for your encouragement with my last entry about the sewing projects.  I loved reading your comments!  

Potty training in full swing, and this picture is after a major victory. :-)  Either you know what I mean or you don't on this one...  
We immediately went to Toys-R-Us for a toy!

Evie & Leyton eating watermelon.

My first time making apricot pineapple jam.  
And, it turned out pretty stinkin' good!

Don't call it a picture on the wall...our first 
two pictures are up after living here 9 months! 

Our garden is crazy big right now.  Notice the compost bin Jared built for us in the back corner is brimming full!  Our garden will be even bigger next year when all that 
good stuff is in the dirt. 

sweet peas in our garden.

sweet peas.


My wheeling and dealing got us this table off Craigslist and the umbrella and stand on an end of summer steal-of-a-deal at Fred Meyer.  We are loving sitting out on our deck!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fun pictures! You've had a busy summer. I love the view from your deck.

The Urwin's said...

I had to laugh at Leyton at the potty and the immediate trip to Toys R Us! We are right there with ya on that one!

I also want to try some of your apricot peach jam - that sounds so yummy!

Kerri said...

You're like Martha Stewart, Christi! Seriously.... =)

I got an email from Amelia (my sister-in-law) with a website for a little girl's clothing line (Matilda Jane) that totally made me think of you. You should check it out...it could be you someday! =)

www.matildajaneclothing.com

Anonymous said...

1- I'm coming to you when it's potty training time
2- LOVE the artwork
3- Sweet garden! I even see corn in there! Way to use your space for all its worth!
4-I'm adoring your sweat peas...LOVE them...wanted em in my wedding..but a July wedding wouldn't call for that. Glad you've all had a wonderful summer -your kiddos are so sweet!

Anonymous said...

I love the little jars you used! Wish I was there eating the jam and learning how to make it and can it. Cute pic of Leyton! Miss you.