Sunday, August 17, 2008

Panic Averted


Current topic...shredded cheese.

Alright, so, awhile ago I was informed (by a very credible source) that shredded cheese had powdered "plastic" on  it to prevent it from sticking/caking together in giant globs.  So, being the person that I am to easily jump on a bandwagon against over processed food I banned pre-shredded cheese from our home with great joy (note the hypocrisy: I'm seriously addicted to Pepsi). 

Unfortunately, the fact was brought to my attention today that the powdery stuff on cheese is actually a plant product called, cellulose.  And, since I know that ALL THINGS on the internet are true I 'researched' this on the internet and it sounds like shredded cheese is back on the menu at the Jensen house.   

That's the health and food report for the week from me.  Over and out.


2 comments:

The Urwin's said...

Hey, at least you admit you're a hyprocrite - that's always the first step! :)

scott angelo said...

you guys are nuts. if someone told you that your house was built in an era that used lumber containing a chemical that caused cancer in 2 out of 47,000 lab rats you would still sleep in your cars until your house sold and would never set foot in that neighborhood again without a respirator.
oh, by the way, that's true. i'd call the back seat if i were you. more leg room.