Friday, December 19, 2008

Learning to embellish

Well, I thought I'd post something I'm learning to do - embellish a girlie t-shirt! Yippe! I've never done much appliqueing before so this is pretty new to me. I read a blog post lately about certain supplies, etc and this shirt went much smoother than one I did a few months ago. It's still not perfect (I need some more practice on my top stitching), but they are fun to do.  I think they could be very sweet on pants or skirts for girlie-girls as they get older.

So, here is my 'little chick' t-shirt that was a gift for Kara's first birthday. Hopefully the shirt fits!

And if you see a theme you are right, barrettes!  You gotsta have matching barrettes for each outfit.  I'm planning on putting some on an Esty shop (if I ever get organized), so look for that soon!  



4 comments:

Heidi Boos said...

Super cute! Love the shirt and the barettes. Man, I wish I could be this crafty to pull something like this off.

The Urwin's said...

Adorable!!

P.S.: Rhyan's birthday is next month...heehee!

The Jeffersons said...

Looks great! What a fantastic gift! Miss ya tons...

Anonymous said...

How do you take such great in the moment shots of your kiddos? You have to show me how. Miss you ...BC (buttercream)