Sunday, October 2, 2011

Girls Shirt Dress

Recently, I checked out the book, Martha Stewart Encyclopedia of Sewing and Fabric Crafts from the library. It's been such a fun book to get ideas from! One of the easy projects that I knew I could pull of quickly before our baby arrives next week was the Girls Shirt Dress, for Evie. Sadly, I just donated about 10 old dress shirts of Jared's to Goodwill and was forced to go buy one. Ya win some ya loose some. All in all the project cost me $6.91 for the shirt and sewing notions (double fold bias tape and thread), not bad for a fun project and a cute dress for my sweetie!

So, this morning I decided I wanted to get this made, and here is the final product. It took me about 45 minutes from start to finish, so it's a quick, easy project. If you hubby has some spare shirts that need to be retired this is the project for you! I will say, I think the pattern template is prefect for size 4-6, anything much bigger and you need to modify the pattern.



2 comments:

Trish said...

Great project...I've seen tutorials for that kind of thing before. I must say your little girl is growing up! I had to take a second look - at first I didn't even thing it was Evie.

Tyffany said...

SO SO cute. and I can't believe how big Evie is! Her hair is SOOO long! Beautiful.