Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Piggy Bank Project

Today was the day to make piggy banks at our house.

I saw this Martha Stewart project and thought it was perfect for my kidos! It was pretty easy and my kids are totally pumped about saving their coins now (since they always seem to find them on the ground at grocery stores). It's also a pretty cheap project, I had to buy the cork feet (2.50) and a pack of pipe cleaner (.99) the rest of the supplies we had around the house. And, we now have pipe cleaner for aprox 100 more projects. ;-)

If you decide to do this project here are my tips: 1) use a Gatorade or plastic Sobe bottle so that quaters will be able to get out of the bank 2) use corks for feet 3) we used funny moving eyes instead of paper...just more fun.

I think the end product was great and they are super cute so I thought I'd share!



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love Love Love this!!
B

Anonymous said...

So very cute! Both the kids and the pigs!!
Grandma J

Trish said...

Totally cute - thanks for sharing your recent crafting

Aunt Susan said...

Fun! Your kids look so proud of themselves!

Anonymous said...

Going to steal this idea. SO CUTE!
Michele

HMPhillips said...

those are adorable!