Saturday, April 10, 2010

Bob sighting at Bob's Red Mill



Today, we took a family field trip to Bob's Red Mill Whole Grain Store just around the bend from our house (aprox 20 mins). I've been a pretty big fan of their products and am now an even bigger fan since my precious daughter has been diagnosed with Celiac Disease. They have a great selection of products and grains to make life taste good even without wheat! Yipee! Among several other purchases, we bought 25 lbs of "gluten free rolled oats"...gotta love it! We eat a lot of oatmeal at our house but have been experiencing a ban since Evie cannot eat normal old fashioned oats like we've done for years. Also, while we were shopping our kids needed a snack and what did they at their deli...FRESH wheat and gluten free chocolate chip cookies. What a blessing!

I don't want to go overboard here, but Praise God for Bob's Red Mill, I have to tell you, I was so encouraged today! I know that Celiac will and is effecting my daughter, but right now the number one person in our house that it effects is me: THE COOK & GROCERY GIRL.

Also, ladies and gentlemen, we had a Bob sighting (not digitally recorded, but you'll have to take my word on this). It was so cool, as we were walking out and I was singing the praises of Bob's Red Mill products and my face was glowing with relief for my daughter and myself...who do we see...BOB myself. He was in the parking lot making his way to the store. I promise, I wanted to take a picture with him so badly, but he was in a lengthy conversation with a family so my photo dreams were dashed, but my gluten free high carried me to the car just fine!!


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, you sound so elated!!! What a great afternoon. And knowing you, you can take this new chapter in life as a challenge and overcome it!
Jill

The Chargualaf Family said...

I am so excited for you!! How cool---I didn't even know there was a Bob's STORE!--and it's so close to your house! (I love their cereals, too!) What a blessing to have these kinds of products available to you, with the challenge now of buying groceries (and even finding "treats"!) that are suitable for Evie.

God is good, my friend!!
:0)

I hope you are loving getting used to your new home and community!!

Luke Ankeny said...

Yay, I LOVE Bobs Red Mill! Their bulk prices are amazing. It's hard for me to buy their products at Fred Meyer when I know how cheap I can get them in L.O.! (we stop and load up when we go through Portland).
Do you have any cookbooks yet? I have a few that are great and I know of several blogs that are amazing for gluten free cooking/baking, I'd be happy to pass the info along.

Heidi